Property Accounts Assistant
Dove & Hawk
Property Accounts Assistant – Hybrid – Waterloo – £28,000 to £31,000 per annum
My client is an exciting residential and commercial property and asset management company based in Waterloo. Their exciting workspace offers an open-plan office, entertainment room with pool table & bar and roof terrace with BBQ.
If you are looking to further your career within property accounts in a stimulating, dynamic and progressive environment, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. The overall purpose of this role is to provide support to a senior client accountant on their commercial/residential portfolio of accounts of 900 units. You will be expected to be able to support with all accounting aspects relating to that portfolio.
- Receipt incoming monies to correct leaseholder accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of client bank accounts
- Call and chase unpaid rents/service charges. Send out arrears letters and send to solicitors to recover if need be and liaise with solicitors to get the money collected. Report to clients on the unpaid rents where required.
- Help prepare service charge year-end accounts for submission to accountants. Collating documents for send off to external auditors. Liaise with the auditors and property managers to check draft accounts before finalization.
- Send year-end accounts and balancing charges with cover letters to tenants/leaseholders
- Quarterly (and sometimes monthly) Variance Reports
- Monthly client reporting/quarterly client reporting with possible rent transfers to clients
- Dealing with queries from Tenants/Leaseholders, Suppliers, Clients and Accountants
- Set up new managements following lease renewals, expiries, etc
- Any other duties that may be necessary to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience within property accounts or block management
- Experience using QUBE
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask and take initiative
- Excellent team player and strong communication skills
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, 2 days WFH after 6-month probation completion
Salary: £28,000 to £31,000